Relay Texas at 1.800.735.2988
GLO TDD at 512.463.5330
Texas General Land Office Links Policy:
Links to third party websites from the GLO website are based on the following criteria:
- The external website corresponds with the purpose of GLO.
- The site's content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of GLO.
- The site does not
- exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- advocate or promote the use of alcohol, tobacco, or currently illegal substances;
- belong to or support a political affiliation; or
- further the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
The GLO complies with the link policies established by the Department of Information Resources for all state agencies.
If you have any issues accessing this site please contact our Accessibility Coordinator.
Texas General Land Office Accessibility Policy:
The Texas General Land Office is committed to making its website accessible to all users. To make the site more accessible, we include features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities. Two examples of these features are described below.
- A descriptive text equivalent is provided for images and other non-text elements, aiding users who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader, rather than reading the site.
- Major reports and other publications that are on the website are in formats compatible with common assistive technologies. Alternative formats may be made available upon request.
The GLO is committed to website availability for all of our customers and follows the guidelines for accessibility defined by DIR guidelines. The agency has an IT accessibility coordinator who can assist customers with any accessibility questions or needs. Requests for exceptions to the policy are handled in accordance with TAC 213, rule 17. Documentation associated with such requests are maintained by the GLO Information Systems administration division.
The GLO welcomes comments on how to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities. If you use assistive technology and the format of any material available from the General Land Office interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact us. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the Web address of the requested material, and your contact information.
Additional information about accessibility programs in Texas is available from the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities.
Standards for Compliance:
The General Land Office ensures accessibility to all digital media regardless of individual ability, by keeping informed of current accessibility practices and conducting testing of all content at time of posting to the website. We achieve verification of the website's conformance with Section 508 by means of various automated testing tools.